Sunday, February 10, 2013

Hollyburn Skirt & Wacky Fabric


Do you remember the wacky fabric I posted a while back?  I really wasn't sure about how all the colors and crazy flowers would translate into the Hollyburn Skirt.  Rachel from My Messings hosted a Sew Along and I learned a lot.  I learned how to line a skirt  and how to finish the seams with French Seams and Hong Kong Seams. 


The skirt on the inside ~ I used French Seams to make the inside pretty :) I used cotton batiste to line the skirt.  It is so soft and comfy.
My zipper ~ I should add some top stitching to the waistband
My zipper - it's a little crooked but that's okay - I'm fine with it

 A HUGE Thank You to Rachel for an awesome sew-along!!  I really appreciate the time and effort that went into her posts.  It made the process so much easier for me.
 Enough talking ~ here she is!!:



 So my verdict on the wacky fabric?  I LOVE IT!!!  I really can't wait to wear this skirt. 

And here's what I'm going to wear them with:
My new shoes :) 
Happy Sewing!

25 comments:

  1. It looks great and I LOVE your new shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fab! I'm glad to have helped :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad you like the skirt. And yes, you were a tremendous help :)

      Delete
  3. this is super rad, Jenny! I absolutely love this print and it looks too cute for words with this fabric. Awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks!! I love your skirt too :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the cutest Hollyburns I've seen! I'm a huge sucker for wildly patterned fabric like that. Love your new shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the craziness of the pattern, and the shoes to go with it - I hope you're somewhere nice and warm, so you can wear them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't complain about snow where I live lol
      As soon as it warms up a bit in the mornings ~ I can wear them :)

      Delete
  7. Ooooh--pretty fabric! Also, those shoes are so adorable I can't even handle it! Prepare to turn some heads :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a daring choice of fabric ~ I'm glad it worked out. Oh and the shoes - I just LOVE them!

      Delete
  8. You're Hollyburn turned out great! I'm sure it's as comfortable as mine is and you'll love wearing it just as much. I agree Rachel hosted a great sewalong :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I hope she does more sewalongs ~

      Delete
  9. super cute! take a pic when you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will! Now I just have to find the right top for it :)

      Delete
  10. I love it. I would love to line my next Hollyburn. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ~