Tuesday, February 12, 2013

It's finally time for Fearless February

 I'm a little late but I'm finally catching up to the lovely Victoria's Fearless February Sew Along!


Yes! Another sew along! The challenge is to make something that will challenge you.  Okay, at this point in my sewing life ~ almost everything is a challenge.  I've been learning how to alter patterns recently.  This is especially important since I have a multi-size body.  What do I mean by that?  Well, my upper body is usually on the smaller size of a pattern envelope, while my lower body is usually on the larger size of a pattern.  That wouldn't be a big deal if the two sizes I needed were both in the same envelope!  Yup, my booty needs it's own pattern envelope (does that even make sense!!??) 

So that's always a challenge... but I'm learning to deal with it. Learning how to grade to fit my hips has been an eye-opening experience (my hips are that wide?!)   Oops, didn't mean to digress....



Link here to view pattern: http://www.colettepatterns.com/shop/anise
For Fearless February I have chosen to sew a jacket.  I initially wanted to make the Anise by Colette Patterns. See the pretty image?  so nice and I do want it but....













  Well, it never really got cold here because where I live there are mostly palm trees: 
Image of University of Central Florida Arena - www.ucf.edu


That's not a complaint mind you.  I'm very happy with no snow and a mild winter.  (However, I do love to see the pretty photos of snowy neighborhoods)  But I decided that a wool jacket was not for me.  At least not yet.  Okay, so I was intimidated.  There, I said it.  Even with the awesome companion and all, I was a bit skerrred.

Anyways,  I'm sewing a jacket for Fearless February.  I have two in mind. 
Sewaholic's Cordova and Simplicity 1699:

 Not sure I'll do both in February, but I aim to do at least one of them.  Fabric choices are:
White and black eyelet

For Cordova ~ Aqua Linen

For Cordova ~ Orange/ Coral? Linen

So linen for my Cordova ~ not sure which color yet.  I also have purple but since I want this for spring and summer I think a lighter color would be nice.  I'm leaning towards the aqua.
And for Simplicity 1699 ~ the white and black cotton eyelet.

Do you like the idea of a linen jacket?  What about an eyelet one?  What would your color choice be?  (not limited to colors here)

Wish me luck!!

16 comments:

  1. Nice:) mine would be purple.. but only because i Loveee me some purple ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love purple, hmmm something to think about :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh, I love the idea of the Cordova in linen - aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coral linen for Cordova, that would look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coral is pretty too! oh what to do!

      Delete
  4. Ohhh a coral cordova would be sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love linen jackets! Almost any colour--anything you like and think looks good on you!

    I have the same issues with winter. I live in the metro Phoenix (Arizona) area--low Sonoran desert. Winter is about three weeks, scattered over an eight-week period in a good year. Not so good, one week scattered over three weeks. Wool jackets just ain't happenin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you love those warmish winters? I agree - no wool!

      Delete
  6. Ooops! Anonymous on February 13, 2013 was "Taja"
    I don't have a blog or do social media.

    Taja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Taja! Nice to "meet" you :)

      Delete
  7. Great jacket to start with, I should be rounding up my fearless jacket this weekend.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! I can't wait to get started - it's been such a busy week and I miss my machine. Can't wait to see your jacket too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An eyelet jacket would be beautiful. But both of those linens are gorgeous, too. Maybe you need to make all three ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too ~ especially since the one for the eyelet has turned out to be so easy!! Yay for easy jackets!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ~