Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Organizing My Sewing Tools

I love when people blog about their sewing rooms and how they organize their notions and fabrics.  Isn't it fun to peek into people's lives?

Would you like to take a look at mine?

I just purchased a table from Ikea.  The table is 59" long by 24" depth.

Now my Brother's can sit next to each other haha





 I got the peg board too and hung it within 5 minutes of getting it home.  Now I can see where all my tool are.  Just have to make sure I put them back when I'm done!
Rulers, scissors, seam ripper, tracing tools, bound buttonhole maker
 Do you see that copper thing in the middle of the picture above?  It's a bound buttonhole maker - I found it on Ebay for 99 cents!  I haven't used it yet though, maybe soon?

Rotary cutters, button spacer thingy, thread nipper, bias maker


A basket and some jars to hold pencil, markers, buttons, and thread for my serger.











These were the supplies I used to make a chalk bag for my rock-climbing brother.  

Happy Sewing! 

14 comments:

  1. Nice! The peg board is a great idea:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The peg board is awesome and inexpensive. Easy to see where everything is

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the peek - I am a great sticky-beak when given a chance like this! And you are just so ultra-organised. Will have to post about my little sewing area as I think we have the same table - IKEA is just soooo good!!! I also picked up a set of draws to go under on end, and put legs on the other...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I saw those draws too and I wanted to get them (which I will eventually) - they also have the same table but with adjustable legs - you can raise the height of the table to make it easier to cut fabric - how awesome would that be?!

      Delete
  3. How wonderful to have everything organised and at hand like this. I don't have a sewing room - our spare bedroom is my office as I work from home - so I have to sew in the dining room, which means things have to be put away...... eventually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh I wish wish wish I could work from home. well, the secret is that my sewing room is actually the dining room! I've taken over the dining room completely!

      Delete
  4. I love a good nose around a craft space, so interesting to see how we tackle organising things. I am very lucky and have a little craft room (I commandered the smallest bedroom when we extended the house a couple of years ago) prior to that everything was in boxes in the understairs cupboard and not easily accessible. I love having my own space, makes me smile. I wasn't sewing at the point so it's now crammed with stuff as fabric and yarn take up more room than my card making supplies. I agree Ikea is brilliant for storage, I got most of it from there. I find I'm still more likely to sew at the dining table though, as I tend to do my pattern cutting there, no room for a table in my little room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice to have a craft room with all your goodies! Yes Ikea is awesome - shelves, baskets, bookcases - I'm going back next weekend! lol

      Delete
  5. That peg board idea is GENIUS! I must head to Bunnings this weekend and get some. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree about the peg board! I need some of that in my sewing room, now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is the best - I definitely recommend it ladies! Do show if you get one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So well organised!! Your sewing area is beautifully neat and tidy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You wouldn't want to check my sewing space...it's a mess. I love yours. The peg board idea is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You wouldn't want to check my sewing area...it's a mess. Your peg board idea is fantastic. So tidy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ~