Saturday, January 19, 2013

Chalk Bag

My brother rock climbs and asked me to make him a chalk bag.  I had never heard of it before, but I'll do almost anything for my "baby" bro - so I said yes.

Here are pics he took (and he's a photographer so he's got the awesome camera)

Photo by Andrew Vega

Photo by Andrew Vega
We used denim, flannel, a leather cord, and a cord stopper.  Want to try one?  It took us a couple of hours using this awesome tutorial on instructables.com.  After we finished, my brother thought it would be so cool to embroider it ~ darn it, if only I had an embroidery machine.  Now I'm starting to research great, affordable machines that can embroider.  Any suggestions?  I'll consider anything under $500.00 because uh, $10K is out of my budget!!   

Want one but don't want to make one?  Feel free to contact me ~ this was fun to make!
I hope my brother enjoys it.  I'm sure he'll get lots of use from it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! It's because I love your blog and think it's awesome:D I've posted about it on my blog so you can get more information- http://thedressmakingdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/liebster-award_20.html
    Best wishes,
    Freya May

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a nice job with the chalk bag.

    Regarding embroidery machines, the Brother SE400 has really good reviews. I purchased mine for $315 but now the price has dropped to $290. Quite a few people mentioned that it's best to only use it for embroidery (even though it does regular sewing) it's what I was planning to do anyway since I have a machine for sewing. I searched a while before settling on that machine. I've also watched several YouTube videos about it so I'm happy with the purchase. I can't tell you how it performs for me since I ordered it on Friday. It should be here tomorrow.

    I found your blog via your review of Brother 1034D on Amazon. You would have thought after 34 years I would have finally gotten an serger. I'm unsure why I've been dragging my feet. I'll purchase one before next month ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to look at the SE400 you recommended :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ~