Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wacky Fabric Choice for Hollyburn Skirt

Ever buy fabric online and then wonder what you were thinking when it arrived?  Well....

hmmmm, not sure about this now....
I'm shaking my head

I'm really not sure what I was thinking when I chose this but that's not going to stop me from making the Hollyburn Skirt!  After all, the fabric (it's a cotton lawn and very lightweight with a nice drape) and the lining is here so I might as well use it.  haha - I'm very curious to see if I'm going to hate this print when I'm done with the skirt.......

So, hehe, what do you think of this print ~ think I can "make it work"? 

I'm participating in Rachel from My Messings  sew along for Sewaholic's Hollyburn Skirt.  

7 comments:

  1. I think it'll make a great skirt! It'll have a similar sort of look to the sample skirt Tasia has made with the floral fabric. I love a bright summer skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you will make it work - it looks lovely and colourful, and as you said has great drape! Give it a go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've definitely had that "what was I thinking feeling" when unwrapping a parcel of fabric purchased online.

    I think this will work for the Hollyburn skirt though, it's a lovely simple style that will show off the fabric well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it will work very well with that pattern. I know what you mean though, I always feel nervous and excited when I get materials in the post you can't be exactly sure of colour etc. I ended up donating some 'interesting' yarn to a craft group!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies! We'll see how it turns out very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is summer-tastic! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the material! Very Springy! :o)
    I am also a newer sewer. I look forward to reading your blog and seeing what creations you make.

    Take care,
    Nonny
    www.notionsfromnonny.blogspot.com
    Stopping by from Sew Many Ways

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ~