Saturday, January 5, 2013

Liebster Award ~ Discover New Blogs!

Thank you so I sewed this for the Liebster award!  It's always fun to discover new sewing blogs and there are so many out there with great content.  Of course, the most common thing we share is that we all love to sew and enjoy seeing what others have created out of fabric and thread. 

The purpose of this award is to bring blogs that have less than 200 followers into the limelight and increase their readership.  The rules are: 

  • Post 11 random facts about yourself
  • Answer 11 questions that your nominator asked you
  • Nominate up to 5 other blogs for the award and ask them 11 questions of your own"

  11 random facts about me (this is making me squirm! it's like answering the most dreaded question - tell me about yourself ):

1. I began sewing in April 2011 and now love it. 
2. I lived in NYC for most of my life but never sewed when I lived there so never shopped at the Garment District!
3. I used to work on the mezzanine level of the Twin Towers (the World Trade Center)
4. I drive to work everyday now (which I enjoy so much more than taking the train!)
5. My favorite shoes are Miz Mooz
6. I've been to Guatemala ~ beautiful country!!
7. I do not like egg whites, will try to avoid them as much as possible.
8. I have a Bachelor's degree in Anthropology - because at one time I wanted to be an archaeologist.
9. I love riding my bike but I don't get to do it very often :(
10.I love chocolate and mangoes (not together)
11. My favorite zoo is the Bronx Zoo. 

well, that wasn't so hard after all
----

 My answers to the 11 questions from my nominator:


1. What's your day job when you're not sewing?  I am a Budget Analyst meaning I analyze budgets for a local government.

2. What's your birthday? My birthday is March 2.

3. What's your favorite fabric to sew with?  That's easy - KNITS!

4. What's the best sewing tip you can give me?  Use tutorials! Sometimes it's so much easier to follow a tutorial than a pattern instruction. 

5. What's your favorite notion? My favorite notion is my thread clipper - really, it's perfect.

6. what's your favorite project you've sewn (and include a link if you posted about it)? well, I have an A-line dress that I love to wear because it is so comfortable and very flattering on my figure.  It was made from a navy blue double knit fabric.  I normally wear it with a skinny belt.  
My favorite dress

7. What's a pet peeve of yours?  I don't like when people insist that there is only ONE way to do something.  It usually implies that only THEIR way is the right way.  NO.

8. What are your favorite tv shows or movies?  The Dark Knight Trilogy is one of my favorites, Bourne trilogy, the Walking Dead, the Tudors, there's more but too many to list.

9. What's your favorite type of music (name a specific band if you'd like)  I like all different kinds of music - my Ipod has reggae, old school rap (80's & 90's), r & b, rock, salsa, alternative, classical....

10. Why did you start blogging?   I started blogging as a way to connect with other bloggers

11. Why did you decide to start sewing? I decided to start sewing because I wanted to wear more dresses and I have a hard time finding RTW dresses that fit.  Usually in RTW - something that fits on top does not fit my hips.  So, I thought making my own dresses would solve that problem - and it has!! 
----

and my 11 questions for the new blogs that I'm nominating (this is a lot to write!):
1. How long have you been sewing?
2. How did you learn to sew (did you go to school, self-taught, mother, aunt, uncle, etc)?
3. What motivates you to sew?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Where is your favorite place to shop for fabrics and notions?
6. What's your favorite type of project to sew?
7. Will you sew a new challenge this year, if so, what will it be?
8. What's your least favorite type of garment to sew?
9. Do you have a sewing room?
10. Do you or would you teach others to sew?
11. How often do you buy patterns or do you draft your own?


----

and, i would like to pass this Liebster Award on to the following 5 blogs:



1 comment:

  1. It was fun to read your answers, now I'll have to check out the blogs you picked!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ~