But instead of using Vogue 8379, I used Kwik Sew 3489. (I will use Vogue 8379 very soon) I chose Kwik Sew 3489 because I had never sewn a Kwik Sew pattern and it was a true wrap dress. Confession - I'm not sure if V8379 is a true wrap dress or not, but I shall find out soon.
KS 3489 was a very easy pattern to sew. The instructions were phenomenal - very easy to follow. I still managed to mess up a bit and sewed one of the tie ends to the wrong part of the bodice. Thankfully, I realized my error and it was easy to fix - phew!
I overestimated the sleeve measurements and when I first sewed them they were huge! They were baggy and not flattering at all. I ripped them off and placed the pattern piece over the fabric and cut the size I wanted (small). Perfect - worked like a charm and the fit was smooth after that.
The fabric I used is this jersey (printed only on one side) from lowpricefabric.com - link here. I love this fabric! It has a nice stretch, good recovery and is thick enough that you don't need to line the dress or wear a slip. That's a win!
I'm so happy with this dress! I hope you like it too! I really did enjoy sewing and wearing this :)
Here are some photos:
|I was trying it on here - you can see how baggy the sleeves are. They don't like this anymore - they are nice and fitted.|
|Close up of the bodice|
|On the dress form|
|Hard to see but I did topstitch along the front bands with my double needle for a nice clean finish|
|Me again in the dress. I think it has a flattering fit - it minimizes problem areas.|