Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weekend Goodies

Hi!

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.   Mine was pretty cool - party at my sis's, hanging with friends, movies with family and fun stuff all around.  And I love when I check my mailbox and there's something fun in it!

I got a great package from So I Sewed This and I couldn't believe all the goodies that were in the box!  Look!


How sweet is that!  Yay!!  There are two that I really want to sew up first:
Ok, so is it just me or is this dress really cute?  I don't know why I like it so much but I do, maybe it's that neckline.  I can see it with less gathers around the waist and a shorter dress (about the knees) in winter white, colored tights, some really nice leather boots in camel or whiskey  (time to go shopping!!) and a fitted jacket.   What do you think?  Ideas? Tell me about it!
I checked the copyright date and it says 1985 (I have an odd obsession with dates, I like to know when things were done).  It's Simplicity 6789.  This will probably be the only version of this dress that I make since the other versions have poofy sleeves and I'm not into that.

The second one is:
Am I crazy or what?!  I love those wide leg trousers!  Does this not remind you of the new pattern that Colette just put out?! (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about but if not, I'll post a link to Colette Patterns).  I have to show you the back of the envelope:
And the best part?  The pattern is intact.  It's never been cut at all.  I definitely want those pants and the jacket which is unlined.  oh, almost forgot, this one is Simplicity 7930 and it was printed in 1977.  It was $1.75 if you purchased it back then!  So it's been 35 years since this was printed and those wide leg trousers are still fashion staples now.

The next one was printed in 1974 and would've cost you $1.25 at the pattern counter.  It's Simplicity 6554.  I wonder where you could've brought this?  Woolworth maybe? I kinda miss Woolworth's, it's  a shame it's gone now.  Anyhow, this is a 10 - 12 button shirtdress ~ how cool is that!  I haven't done anything with buttons yet so that'll be new for me.  One thing I'll leave out is that big pointy collar.  Haha - I'm not taking it THAT far back!

And the other two are:
Change some minor details and you've got a modern dress
and
I see some cute nighties coming out of this pattern.  

So that was a fun package to receive.  Thanks again So I Sewed This!  You're awesome :)


But that wasn't all the fun in my mailbox.


I got the Renfrew top from Sewaholic and I ordered the Velma belt kit and Colette Clovers from A Fashionable Stitch.  So happy with all this!  And the shipping was so quick.  I am definitely going to shop from these talented ladies again :)  Now, if only I could sew so quickly....

So whew!  That's a LOT of stuff just added to my to-do list!  And I'm still waiting for more good stuff to be delivered ;)  

There's so much more to tell but that'll have to be another post because this one is too long already.  Enjoy your Monday!  :)




3 comments:

  1. =) Can't wait to see what you make! I was going to go get some SC postcards, but i thought i was funny i already randomly had 2 FL postcards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! I owe you postcards! I'll send them off really soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no worries!. Thanks for the awesome ham and the nice note!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ~