Thursday, August 9, 2012

Well, I'm almost done with the last project.  I just have to make the sash and I'll think about modeling it (eek).

In the meantime, I have quite a lot going on.  Most of my busy-ness stems from my regular day job which can be sooooo boring sometimes.  Thank goodness I have a nice high-walled cubicle and privacy at work.  The other things that keep me busy are family, exercising (sometimes), cooking, housekeeping and just plain life.  When does that leave time for sewing, right?  Sheesh - I'm always trying to steal some time to sew.  So that leads me to my next issue.  Which project should I do next?
Here are some patterns I'd like to work on:

Of course, they are all (almost) dresses - just love dresses and how easy they are to wear and accessorize.  The other reason is that I'm not allowed to wear jeans to work, sigh.  So dresses make it easier but I really need a lot more.  

Then there is the issue of which fabric do I begin with?







Most of those are knits, one is charmeuse and there's cotton in that stash too.  Hmm, where do I begin?

I haven't tried knits yet so this will be first time.  Nervous!  But I hear good things about sewing knits - we shall see :)

Good night :)



2 comments:

  1. Great fabric stash! I really love the 3rd photo of the fabric with the purple, blue and green print - maybe a maxi dress? And the one below it is really cute too. The 2nd photo would make a great wrap dress.

    P.S. I'm having no luck with my narrow hemmer foot! Which tutorial did you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I got lucky with some of those knits - they were on sale at my local sewing shop (not JoAnn's). I agree the second photo should be a wrap dress - It's a knit too which should be perfect.

      For the narrow hemmer foot - I read my manual - I can try to put a tutorial together (wow that would be my first!) If I can't find one, I'll attempt to write one with pictures.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment ~